Make this favorite summer treat when you don’t have access to fire. These Mini S’Mores Bites are kid friendly but adults will want to enjoy them also!
Summer time is s’mores time. There is nothing better than roasting a marshmallow until it gets nice and gooey and smashing it between two graham crackers topped with chocolate. True? Well, what if you would like to enjoy all the flavors of s’mores but don’t have a fire going? Or maybe you want to keep a treat on hand that are similar to s’mores. These cups are perfect for those times that you can make ahead and keep on hand. The graham cracker cups hold a mixture of your favorite chocolate mixed with mini marshmallows and topped off to make them cute with honey graham Teddy Bears. Fun for kids, awesome on taste and great for all ages!
Our granddaughter Emily loves s’mores and she calls them “sticky things”. Last time they visited, we had a fire in our backyard and had fun making them. She has a peanut allergy so we need to be careful that nothing contains peanuts or might be processed on the same equipment. Luckily Dove dark chocolates fit in that category. For today’s treats I used Nestle’s semi sweet chips that were also ok. I should also mention she is pretty good with roasting marshmallows. Mine caught on fire but hers did not!
These will keep for a few days in a covered container on your counter (do not freeze). You could take some along on a picnic in a cooler and bring a smile to everyone’s face. Other snacks that would be good for pack and go are these Peanut Butter Monster Bites and Raspberry, Chocolate and Coconut Energy Bites. Click on those links to get the recipes.
Hope you are having a great summer!
Mini S'Mores Bites
Make this favorite summer treat when you don't have access to fire. These Mini S'Mores Bites are kid friendly but adults will want to enjoy them also!
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup powder sugar
- 60-100 mini marshmallows
- 6 oz. chocolate (I used semi sweet) (milk or dark work well too)
- 20 teddy graham bears
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl combine the crumbs, butter and powdered sugar.
- Place one tablespoon in each of a mini muffin cup and press bottoms and sides of mixture
- Bake for 5 minutes then remove from oven and press centers down
- After 10 minutes remove from muffin pan
- In a microwave bowl, melt the chocolate (mine took about 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds)
- Combine the marshmallows and chocolate
- Place 3 to 5 chocolate covered marshmallows in each cup and then press in a teddy graham
- These can be eaten right away or stored in a covered container for 3 days (do not freeze) but can be refrigerated.
Enjoy! You can do this!