Another true confession is that we have a lot of liquor in our cabinet. Whenever I find a new drink I want to try, that usually involves something we don't have. So we have many 2/3 to 3/4 full bottles in our cabinet. I'm trying to use up what we have and happy to say we did have the two different kinds of alcohol needed for this drink. Whew, the DIY Guy was happy - while he usually enjoys what I make, he prefers that I not buy any more.
As I was sipping this one, I have a feeling it would be great served warm. I would first heat up the cider then add the other alcohol to it. Just imagine coming in from the cold, maybe you just shoveled the driveway, or came home from work and need to warm up and relax. Just put another log on fire, wrap up in a blanket and enjoy this tasty beverage.
While I like to give alternatives to make this kid friendly, I'm drawing a blank. Just serve the cider cold or hot to please the underage crowd. If you have any ideas, leave me a comment.
Apple Pie Cinnamon Cocktail
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield 2 drinks
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 2 ounces Fireball Whiskey
- 8 ounces fresh apple cider
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon and place on a shallow plate
- Rim 2 glasses with honey and dip into the mixture
- Fill glasses with ice
- Combine the vodka, whiskey and apple cider in a shaker and mix well
- Divide between the two glasses
- Garnish with sliced apples and a cinnamon stick if desired
Powered by Recipage
Another fall cocktails you might like Apple Cider Martini and Red Apple Sangria (copycat recipe from Applebees)