These Brie Pepper Jelly Bites are a great recipe to have on hand for the holidays! You will love the flaky crust with brie and pepper jelly nestled inside. Top with crunchy pecans and some green onions for a flavor explosion!
Are you much of an entertainer? Do you like having company over especially around the holidays? If you do and need a tasty appetizer, then these brie pepper jelly bites are for you (and of course for your guests too!)
You will only need about five ingredients and about an hour to get these from the frozen pastry sheet to the warm melting bites for your mouth. Once you get this recipe down, you can come up with your own creations/ingredients.
- puff pastry sheets
- brie cheese
- hot pepper jelly
- green onions
Ready to start making these Brie Pepper Jelly Bites?
I'm not sure how much entertaining we will be doing this year. We definitely have our friends over for Christmas Eve which we have been doing for over 20 years. Neither one of us have any family in the area but we are "family" so that is all that matters.
I always think I would love to just have a nice cocktail hour, some fun appetizers and visit with our friends but before I know it, the weeks before Christmas are gone. Maybe I should get thinking about an after Christmas gathering when folks are tired of being cooped up in these cold Minnesota winters. I'll have to think about that!
As some of you might know, our younger daughter is living in Rome, Italy. She moved there in July but she will be coming for Christmas. Her boyfriend will be coming too and he hasn't experience a western holiday ever. We will definitely wait for them to arrive before getting the tree decorated.
- Jam or Sauce - this is the fun part. Substitute cranberry sauce, raspberry jam, fig jam or even apricot. I'm a fig fan so be sure to check out this Cheese Log.
- Nuts - depending on your liking, you could use walnuts, almonds or even pistachios
Brie cheese can stick to your knife so you could place in freezer for about 10 minutes to help with that.
Yes, first bake as directed and let cool. Freeze them separately on a sheet until they are completely frozen and store in a storage container or bag for up to 2 months. Place in a 375 degree oven until hot.
Yes, the rinds are edible so no need to remove when cutting the small pieces.
The short answer is yes but you will lose the crispiness of the pastry. I would recommend reheating in the oven to get all the flakiness!
Other Party Ideas
Elevate you night with a fun drink like these Pomegranate Martinis and another favorite appetizer of ours Grilled Shrimp with Cranberry Salsa.
I was inspired to make this recipe from Love and Olive Oil and I did change up the ingredients since we like hot pepper jelly. The spiciness of the jelly with the creamy brie was a match made in heaven.
Get the Recipe
Brie Pepper Jelly Bites
These Brie Pepper Jelly Bites are a great recipe to have on hand for the holidays! You will love the flaky crust with brie and pepper jelly nestled inside.
- 1 sheet puffed pastry thawed
- 2 oz. brie cheese cut into ½" cubes
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puffed pastry to a 12" square. Cut the dough into 25 squares
- Place each square in a mini muffin pan and press in lightly
- Bake the puffs for 9-10 minutes until they are puffed.
- Remove from oven and use the end of a wooden spoon to press the middle of the dough down
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes until the pastry edges start to turn brown
- Remove from oven and place the cube of brie and ¼ teaspoon pepper jelly in each cup
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the pastry is light brown
- Remove from oven and let rest in pan 5 minutes before removing onto a rack
- Place a couple slices of onions and a few pecans on top
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!
These look great! We are big pepper jelly fans, too. this sounds like a great appetizer or maybe a game day treat.
Deb Attinella says
Yes, game time food! That sounds great!
Allison @ Ad Lib Mom says
These look so yummy! I'm glad I found your recipe for an easy appetizer. The pepper jelly makes this a must make!
Deb Attinella says
Hope you enjoy Allison!
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome says
What a perfect party appetizer! I'd love to have you share at our what's for dinner party! http://www.lazygastronome.com/whats-dinner-sunday-link-party-124/