This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
These Brie Pepper Jelly Bites are a great recipe to have on hand for the holidays! You will love the flaky crust with brie and pepper jelly nestled inside. Top with crunchy pecans and some green onions for a flavor explosion!
Are you much of an entertainer? Do you like having company over especially around the holidays? If you do and need a tasty appetizer, then these brie pepper jelly bites are for you (and of course for your guests too!) You will only need about five ingredients and about an hour to get these from the frozen pastry sheet to the warm melting bites for your mouth. Once you get this recipe down, you can come up with your own creations/ingredients. I was inspired to make this recipe from Love and Olive Oil and I did change up the ingredients since we like hot pepper jelly. The spiciness of the jelly with the creamy brie was a match made in heaven.
I’m not sure how much entertaining we will be doing this year. We definitely have our friends over for Christmas Eve which we have been doing for over 20 years. Neither one of us have any family in the area but we are “family” so that is all that matters. I always think I would love to just have a nice cocktail hour, some fun appetizers and visit with our friends but before I know it, the weeks before Christmas are gone. Maybe I should get thinking about an after Christmas gathering when folks are tired of being cooped up in these cold Minnesota winters. I’ll have to think about that!
As some of you might know, our younger daughter is living in Rome, Italy. She moved there in July but she will be coming for Christmas. Her boyfriend will be coming too and he hasn’t experience a western holiday ever. We will definitely wait for them to arrive before getting the tree decorated. I know then we will have some fun drinks like these Pomegranate Martinis and another favorite appetizer of ours Grilled Shrimp with Cranberry Salsa.
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Brie Pepper Jelly Bites
These Brie Pepper Jelly Bites are a great recipe to have on hand for the holidays! You will love the flaky crust with brie and pepper jelly nestled inside.
- 1 sheet puffed pastry thawed
- 2 oz. brie cheese cut into 1/2" cubes
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puffed pastry to a 12" square. Cut the dough into 25 squares
- Place each square in a mini muffin pan and press in lightly
- Bake the puffs for 9-10 minutes until they are puffed.
- Remove from oven and use the end of a wooden spoon to press the middle of the dough down
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes until the pastry edges start to turn brown
- Remove from oven and place the cube of brie and 1/4 teaspoon pepper jelly in each cup
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the pastry is light brown
- Remove from oven and let rest in pan 5 minutes before removing onto a rack
- Place a couple slices of onions and a few pecans on top
- Serve warm.