How was your week? Looking forward to the weekend? As I mentioned on my last post, we were vacationing in Florida visiting family. The time went by really quick but were so lucky that all the days were sunny and warm! My sister-in-law and I were able to get to the beach for a couple days where we rented a couple chairs and just relaxed. When we were hungry for lunch, we walked over to the boardwalk, grabbed something quick and headed back to our chairs. The only thing we had to deal with was the red tide. If you aren't familiar with that, it's an algae bloom that causes some people to cough and not too kind to the fish. I was OK with it and did see some fish on the beach but it was only on the first day. Nothing was going to stop me from heading to the beach as it's my favorite thing to do. This pasty white Minnesota body needed to soak up some vitamin D and get a little glow. Mission accomplished!
Hope you enjoy this pound cake recipe as much as we did! It's the perfect recipe to have on hand for yourself or if you have guests. I'm hoping our Florida family will come to visit us sometime (hey, it's warmer now) and I'll be serving them this tasty treat!
Lemon Pound Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55-65 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 325°F and then you will grease and flour a bundt pan; set aside
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and butter at medium speed, be sure to scrape bowl often, until creamy. Continue beating, adding 1 egg at a time, until well mixed.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- On low speed alternately add the flour mixture and then the buttermilk and scraping bowl often to the sugar/butter mixture, until well mixed. Add lemon zest and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Continue beating until well mixed.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto serving plate; cool completely.
- Stir together powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and enough milk for desired glazing consistency in small bowl. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Powered by Recipage
Remember to share :)
Other lemons recipes you might enjoy
Lemon Glazed Cookies
Creamy Lemon Dip