Both John and I really liked this dessert so Sunday I decided to make some for us. My friend MJ said it freezes well which is great since it makes 2 8x8 pans. We had some on Sunday and I think a few leftovers might be making it to his work place and froze the 2nd one that would be perfect for next time we get some company.
Apple Walnut Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yield two 8x8 pans
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 8x8x2 inch-square pans.
- In a large bowl with mixer at low speed, mix well the first 7 ingredients, constantly scraping bowl.
- Beat 3 minutes more, occasionally scraping bowl.
- Fold in apples, nuts, and raisins.
- Spread in pans. Bake 1 hour. Cool on wire racks completely then invert to remove
- When cool, dust with powdered sugar
Note: These freeze well
Powered by Recipage
Not only we were busy but the weather here was fantastic! Though I'm sure John was a bit sad, he winterized his boat and put away all our lawn furniture. Oh well, hopefully we can pull stuff out again sooner than this past winter - fingers crossed!
Hope you had a great weekend! I would love to know what you did!
Another apple recipe you might enjoy