It's throwback Thursday and today I'm sharing one of my absolute favorite soups Lemon Chicken Orzo. I first made this recipe in September 2011 and today it has gotten a makeover - well, same recipe but new pictures...
I originally had this soup at a Panera restaurant - I fell in love but then sadly it was only a seasonal item so the search was on for a copycat recipe. Whew, luckily one was found that I think is pretty close and comes together very quickly.
Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz. boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots (small pieces)
- 1 celery stalk sliced
- 2 tbls finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 bay leave
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- lemon slices for garnish
- Place all of the ingredients (except lemon juice) in a large pot, bring to boil; reduce heat to low and cover and simmer 25 minutes – stirring occasionally
- Remove chicken from soup; shred into small pieces and return to pot. Add lemon juice and mix well. Discard bay leave
- Serve and top with a lemon slice if desired
Powered by Recipage
If you've been following me for a bit, my photography has become an evolution. Here is the throwback picture....
And current shot.
Two years ago I received a Canon Rebel T3i as a Christmas gift (probably because I was doing a lot of whining). I read the manual, did a lot of research and just started snapping away. I learned about composition, lighting and minor editing which has helped. I'm definitely not an expert - it's still a work in progress but getting happier with my photos.
Hope you are staying warm. If not, give this soup a try!
Another soup recipe you might like - Southwest Chicken Barley