Happy day before Thanksgiving! Today I'm sharing my latest post from two weeks ago at White Lights on Wednesday. I really had fun making these mini cheesecakes. Just the right size and the gingersnap crust was a nice change from graham crackers.
Here's my original post:
Happy November WLOW readers! Before you know it Thanksgiving will be here and perhaps you are looking for a pumpkin dessert but not necessarily a pie. Today I have for you Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust. I'm a huge fan of mini desserts because then you can try more than one! I could not believe how easy these were.
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 14 minutes
Makes 12 mini cheesecakes
- 1 cup gingersnap cookies processed into crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg plus one egg white
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- pinch of cloves
- Whipped cream or cool whip for topping
1. Preheat oven to 375 and lightly grease a mini muffin pan that has removable bottoms.
2. In a bowl combine the crust ingredients; mixing well. Divide the mixture among the 12 cups. Firmly press on bottom and 1/3 up on the side.
3. In a mixer, combine all the filling ingredients and mix well. Divide among the cups.
4. Bake for 14 minutes then cool on rack for 20 minutes. Remove and refrigerate until well chilled.
5. Serve with either whipped cream or cool whip and dust with cinnamon.
Powered by Recipage
Luckily I had a mini cheesecake pan - it was a gift so I'm not sure where it came from but click on this link to see what I used.
What will you be serving as a Thanksgiving dessert? Do you make all the trimmings including a turkey? I'm craving the whole shebang! Turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and of course dessert!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!