Breakfast granola tarts with creamy vanilla yogurt, topped with tropical fruits and drizzled with golden honey. Something your taste buds will want to wake up to pronto!
Today we are waking up to these tropical inspired breakfast granola tarts. They are a new twist on just having some yogurt in a bowl topped with fruit and granola. They are fun to make and the granola crust is perfect to hold all that yogurt and fresh fruit. A great way to start your day and get fueled.
While I was enjoying these tarts, I had a great thought that you might like. With Easter, Mother’s Day, and other special occasions coming up, why not have a yogurt bar? The tart shells can be made up a day or two ahead of time and when it is time to eat, have a variety of yogurt and all different kinds of fruit. Guests can make their own special breakfast granola tart to enjoy.
Since I’m a lemon lover, I think lemon yogurt topped with blueberries and a drizzle of honey would really hit the spot (guess I know my next creation).
I chose tropical fruits, because let’s face it, if you are really getting sick of winter (like me!), then these bright fruit tarts are sure to be a great pick me up. I was dreaming I was on a beach with my toes in the sand and leaving the dreary weather behind. Kind of like Calgon take me away. Here’s to putting old man winter to rest and bring on spring!
Some things to note:
You can use smaller tart pans and maybe get 4-5 breakfast granola tarts out of this recipe. I did not give exact measurements for the fruit since you can put on as much or little as you like. It’s also important to let the tarts cool completely before removing from pans to avoid any mishaps. Also, rub some fresh lemon juice on your bananas to keep them from browning.
Hope you enjoy this breakfast granola tarts recipe!
Don’t forget that honey drizzle!
Perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (not quick)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 8-10 oz. vanilla yogurt
- Fruits for toppings - mango, pineapple, mandarin oranges, banana, kiwi and toasted coconut (I found mine at Trader Joe's)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray with vegetable spray three 4 1/2" tart pans with removable bottoms
- In a medium bowl combine the oats, seeds, cinnamon, vanilla, honey, oil and egg white mixing well
- Divide the mixture between the 3 tart pans and press the mixture evenly on sides of pan and bottom. Be sure to leave a "well" for the yogurt. I used the bottom of a glass to press the bottom down.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until light golden brown
- Remove and use the back of a spoon to press the bottoms and sides again.
- Place on wire rack to cool (leave in pans)
- When completely cool, gently push up the bottoms and remove tarts
- At this point set them aside until you are ready to assemble tarts (can be made a day or two ahead and just keep in airtight container on your counter)
- Place about 3 ounces of yogurt in tart and then top with fruits
It is best to make up tarts right before eating so crust doesn't get too soft.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 710 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 939mg Carbohydrates: 107g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 84g Protein: 25g