Raise your hand if you are ready for some non-comfort food? Today I'm sharing this SW Chicken Chopped Salad with a tangy Creamy Jalapeno dressing. Your winter taste buds will come alive!
This past weekend we were visiting our little grandbaby Emily and on our drive back home (about 90 minutes away) we called ahead and stopped at Applebee's car side to go. I ordered the SW Chicken Chopped Salad and The DIY Guy opted for the Chicken Oriental (my other favorite).
I thought, hmmmm I could do this! I had most of the ingredients on hand but was then stuck on the salad dressing.
I knew it had some cilantro and jalapeno so after some looking around, I found some recipes that had all the ingredients I thought it had and tweaked in into my own version.
I'm thinking it gives Applebees a run for their money!
This would be a great salad to bring to work, picnic, pot luck, etc. Just combine the salad ingredients and right before eating toss in the dressing.
It did have a bit of a spicy bite so I was glad I decided to only use half the jalapeno. Now I wish I could find those cute colored tortilla chips that all the restaurants seem to have. Any clue on where to find them??
Hope you enjoy this salad! I might have a few more up my sleeve this spring!
Enjoy this collection of salads too!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (loosely packed)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (I only used half and it was plenty spicy)
- ½ clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- one bag chopped romaine lettuce (chopped even finer)
- ¾ cup black beans rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup frozen corn thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion (or more to taste)
- 1 cup diced cook chicken breast (or more if desired)
- ½ cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- In a food processor combine all the dressing ingredients and process until well combined; set aside
- In a large bowl combine all the salad ingredients and toss with dressing
- Divide into 2 salad bowls
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 831mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 15gSugar: 11gProtein: 41g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!