As I mentioned last week, lately I’ve been in a salad mood using fresh ingredients and homemade dressing. Today I’m sharing this Strawberry Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing. Another one to add to your list!
We’ve been getting some better strawberries in the stores lately – while it is obviously not strawberry season in Minnesota, it is somewhere and they have been so flavorful and juicy! One of my favorite ways to enjoy them is in a salad tossed with other yummy ingredients. Of course you could toss in whatever you might be craving too. I happened to use goat cheese but bleu or feta would also be a good choice. What else can you think of?
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small bag of baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 10 slivers of red onion (or to taste)
- 2 oz. goat cheese (divided into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup candied pecans (I bought pre-packaged)
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small food processor and blend until smooth
- Divide the spinach onto 4 plates then top with other ingredients and drizzle with dressing
Be sure to make the dressing too – it’s really easy and I bet you have most of the ingredients on hand. If you are short on time, this would pair well with a store bought poppy seed dressing. Either way you will love digging into this!
Stayed tuned, I’m sure in the next couple of weeks, I’ll have a new salad to share. I never tire of them and I hope you don’t either! Have a great week!!
Another salad recipe you might like – Berry Brie Salad