This Slow Cooker Applesauce comes together quick! Just fix it and let it simmer!
I hope you are OK with another apple recipe – the barrel is getting close to being empty so bear with me as I might be having a couple more recipes!
Last week when I asked if anyone had ideas for me – my friend Marcia from Flavor the Moments suggested a slow cooker recipe from one of her favorite bloggers. I have never thought of making applesauce in a crock pot so I was game!
So the idea for this recipe came from Inspiration Kitchen – I used the recipe as a guideline but did alter the spices to our liking.
Let me tell you the aroma from the slow cooker was amazing – all appley (is that a word) combined with the spices of cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg…. heavenly!
The longest part was peeling and coring the apples. I have one of those apple machines but I was too lazy to dig for it but next time I will (because there will be a next time!)
I also understand that this will freeze well. I’m sure this batch will go quick so the next time I make it, I’ll plan to freeze some for a rainy snowy day!
Here’s a recap of the apple recipes I’ve made so far this fall
- 5 lbs of apples peeled, cored and sliced about 1/4″ thick then quartered (I used a sweeter apple but a tart apple would work well but you might want more brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg (I use freshly grated)
- 1/2 cloves (optional)
- In a large bowl combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg then toss with the apples
- Set your slow cooker to high then add 1/2 cup water and the apples. Cover and let cook 4-5 hours until apples are soft
- Use an immersion blender to puree the apples to your liking (smooth or chunky)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 7gSugar: 35gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.