Black bean corn salad is loaded with fresh ingredients and drizzled with a chili lime vinaigrette. You'll want to serve this soon and often! It will be a huge hit!
Let's face it we all try to eat healthy recipes, right? Even better if it is quick and easy, right again? Our bodies love it when we load up on fresh ingredients that especially taste so good. Well, today this is where you can have all of those things by filling up on this fantastic healthy side salad.
Black bean corn salad is loaded with three different kind of peppers, cherry tomatoes, black beans, corn, avocado, red onion, and topped with a chili lime vinaigrette.
It makes a great side dish, or in our case tonight, dinner. 🙂
You will love that the vinaigrette gives a little kick to the salad. It's not too spicy and really compliments the other ingredients. Maybe you aren't in the salad mood (gasp!) so how does this sound? Just place in all in a large bowl and use tortilla chips to make it more of an appetizer. There you go, one recipe that can be used two ways!
In the past I have made a similar salad by adding quinoa - most of of the ingredients are the same as here but has a different vinaigrette dressing - be sure to check out this Mexican Quinoa Salad as I think you will like it too.
With the weather getting warmer too, this would make a great picnic salad. Mix it up and store in a mason jar until you are ready to eat. If you don't plan on eating the salad until much late, I would probably not cut and add the avocado until right before it is going to be served. Avocados tend to get a bit brown if they sit too long. As long as you make it and eat within two hours, you should be fine.
To make the black bean corn salad, start with these ingredients:
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ⅓ cup green pepper, diced
- ⅓ cup red pepper, diced
- ⅓ cup orange pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper as needed to liking
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, tomatoes, peppers, red onion, and 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro and mix well
- Add in diced avocado and mix gently
- In a small food processor, combine the lime juice, olive oil, honey, 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, chili powder, vinegar, garlic, mustard and process until combined
- Drizzle dressing over salad and mix gently
If not eating within two hours, add avocado later
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 8gSugar: 8gProtein: 7g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!