This pumpkin spice popcorn is a tasty treat for fall - crunchy popcorn with a drizzle of white chocolate. An easy snack to make!
I have a confession, I'm kind of addicted to popcorn. Even a whiff of it makes me want to have a bowl. I'm normally just a plain jane person (salt and maybe a little butter) but today I'm sharing a version that is perfect for fall and will satisfy your sweet tooth - Pumpkin Spice Popcorn. Bonus it is drizzled with white chocolate!
This weekend I really got my fill - Friday the DIY Guy and I went to lunch at a local pub and snacked on their popcorn, then Saturday night we went out to dinner with some friends at a different pub with popcorn then finally today we went to see Gone Girl at the theater and well, you know I'm definitely not skipping popcorn at the movies. The entire lobby has that wonderful aroma when you walk in the door! And no worries, no spoilers on the movie!
Am I alone or are there any other popcorn lovers out there??? Do you like sweet or savory?
So go rent yourself a movie and make a batch to enjoy!
- ½ cup unpopped popcorn (popped and unpopped kernals removed)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup light brown sugar (packed)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl and set aside. Preheat your oven to 250°
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat then add in corn syrup, brown sugar, sugar, salt and spice. Turn the heat to med-high and bring to boil – stirring constantly. When mixture boils, let it boil for 5 minutes but stop stirring.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda and extract. Pour caramel over popcorn and toss with big spoons.
- Spread the popcorn on a large baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Bake for 60 minutes and stir every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Melt chips with shortening then drizzle over cooled popcorn and let set up – break apart if needed.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 0gSugar: 36gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.