This Jicama Salad with Asian Vinaigrette is a fresh and crunchy salad perfect any time! It is loaded with vegetables and sweet mandarin oranges.
Lighten up for summer with this cool Jicama Salad with a tasty Asian Vinaigrette. I’m so in the mood for lighter recipes now that summer has started to arrive. We tend to grill out a lot and I like simple recipes to compliment the main course.
I’m sure some of you have heard of this vegetable but for those that haven’t, Jicama is a crispy, sweet, edible tuber that resembles a turnip in physical appearance, although the plants are not related.
How’s that for a definition? I didn’t make that up but it can be found at this link if you want to learn more. All you really need to know is this is one fantastic recipe!
I love the crunch it adds to salads and have it be a new added addition to your veggie platter – the other veggies will thank you!
- mandarin oranges
- green onions
- slivered almonds
- fresh ginger
- sesame oil
- rice vinegar
- olive oil
Bring some along on your next picnic!
- 1 medium peeled jicama diced into 1/4″ cubes
- 1 large red pepper diced into ~1/4″ cubes
- 1 11 oz. can mandarin oranges, well drained
- 2 green onions sliced (green parts only)
- 2-3 tablespoons toasted silvered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl combine the jicama, red pepper, oranges, and green onions
- In a small shakeable container combine the ginger, sesame oil, rice vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Shake until well mixed
- Pour over salad and mix well
- Top with silvered onions
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until served
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 11gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
Other tasty salads you might enjoy: