This Jicama Salad with Asian Vinaigrette is a fresh and crunchy salad perfect any time!
Lighten up for summer with this cool Jicama Salad with a tasty Asian Vinaigrette. I’m so in the mood for lighter recipes now that summer has started to arrive. We tend to grill out a lot and I like simple recipes to compliment the main course. I’m sure some of you have heard of this vegetable but for those that haven’t, Jicama is a crispy, sweet, edible tuber that resembles a turnip in physical appearance, although the plants are not related. How’s that for a definition? I didn’t make that up but it can be found at this link if you want to learn more. All you really need to know is this is one fantastic recipe!
- 1 medium peeled jicama diced into 1/4″ cubes
- 1 large red pepper diced into ~1/4″ cubes
- 1 11 oz. can mandarin oranges, well drained
- 2 green onions sliced (green parts only)
- 2-3 tablespoons toasted silvered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl combine the jicama, red pepper, oranges, and green onions
- In a small shakeable container combine the ginger, sesame oil, rice vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Shake until well mixed
- Pour over salad and mix well
- Top with silvered onions
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until served
- Keeps for several days
Bring some along on your next picnic!
Other tasty salads you might enjoy:
Other tasty salads can be found at my pinterest board