This Italian Quinoa Salad is protein packed, super tasty and filling - you will love how quick it comes together! Fresh vegetables and cheese are perfect with a light dressing.
We've been eating a lot lately - there I'm just putting it out there! So now you know! With just getting back from vacation, visits from the kids, a retirement party, charity fundraiser and just NOT wanting to watch it, oh boy it is time to get back on track.
This past weekend I stocked up on fresh veggies, fruits, lean meats and whole grains. Hence this tasty quinoa creation with an Italian flair!
Now I'm sure some of you are thinking you can't wait until summer, your gardens come in and you can have fresh produce at your door step. Right? Well, I also have to admit that we are having no garden this year.
Shocking after having one for almost 20 years but with the 2 of us, I've made enough salsa to provide for a small army and put up enough tomatoes for gallons of sauce. We (more I) decided to call it quits. The DIY Guy was really OK with it - we both were getting tired of weeding, watering and tending to the veggies.
I will plan on having some herb pots on the deck and for anything else, I'll be heading down to our wonderful farmer's market because I know I'll be wanting to make this recipe all summer long.
- grape or cherry tomatoes
- mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- italian seasoning
I'm sure you are wanting to grab a fork and dig right in! Be sure to put this one on your picnic list.
Get the Recipe
- 1 cup dry Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup diced cucumber (seeded, leave skin on)
- 1 cup diced grape tomatoes
- ½ cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (dried)
- Prepare Quinoa according to directions with the 2 cups water
- Cook until done, drain if necessary and then let cool in refrigerator for about 20 minutes
- In a medium bowl whisk together the olive, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning
- Toss in tomatoes, cucumbers, mozzarella cheese and basil; stir gently
- Add cooled quinoa and mix well
- Keep chilled for at least 90 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Keeps in refrigerator for about 4-5 days
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!