This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
This Italian Quinoa Salad is super tasty and filling – you will love how quick it comes together!
We’ve been eating a lot lately – there I’m just putting it out there! So now you know! With just getting back from vacation, visits from the kids, a retirement party, charity fundraiser and just NOT wanting to watch it, oh boy it is time to get back on track. This past weekend I stocked up on fresh veggies, fruits, lean meats and whole grains. Hence this tasty quinoa creation with an Italian flair!
Now I’m sure some of you are thinking you can’t wait until summer, your gardens come in and you can have fresh produce at your door step. Right? Well, I also have to admit that we are having no garden this year. Shocking after having one for almost 20 years but with the 2 of us, I’ve made enough salsa to provide for a small army and put up enough tomatoes for gallons of sauce. We (more I) decided to call it quits. The DIY Guy was really OK with it – we both were getting tired of weeding, watering and tending to the veggies. I will plan on having some herb pots on the deck and for anything else, I’ll be heading down to our wonderful farmer’s market because I know I’ll be wanting to make this recipe all summer long.
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup diced cucumber (seeded, leave skin on)
- 1 cup diced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (dried)
- Prepare Quinoa according to directions with the 2 cups water
- Cook until done, drain if necessary and then let cool in refrigerator for about 20 minutes
- In a medium bowl whisk together the olive, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning
- Toss in tomatoes, cucumbers, mozzarella cheese and basil; stir gently
- Add cooled quinoa and mix well
- Keep chilled for at least 90 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Keeps in refrigerator for about 4-5 days
I’m sure you are wanting to grab a fork and dig right in! Be sure to put this one on your picnic list.
And speaking of picnics, our Best of the Weekend party turned 100 (I know we all look so young!) We are giving away this awesome picnic set – ants not invited! Good luck!