This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Time to get your game day food on with 12 great recipes from our 12 blogger group! Perfect timing don’t you agree? There is nothing better than munching on snacks, watching the game and maybe enjoying a tasty beverage. You’ll see too that wings are more than just mild, medium and hot with these flavorful and unique recipes. I’m bringing to the party these Greek Chicken Wings served with a creamy tzatziki sauce. Keep reading to see what the others came up with.
Let’s talk about teams – who do you cheer for? We’re in Minnesota so we don our gold and purple when watching the Vikings. We usually go to one game a year with our good friends where it is so fun to be where the action is! This year we have tickets to a game in November and I sure hope the weather is half way decent since they are playing outside in the Gopher stadium – next year the new stadium will be done.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove minced garlic
- dash salt and pepper
- 1 large package of chicken wings (about 3 1/2 lbs) cut in half and remove tips
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled, diced and squeezed to remove liquid
- 8 oz plain greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients and place in a large ziploc bag, add chicken and marinate at least 6 hours, flipping bag over occasionally.
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients and refrigerate at least 2 hours to combine flavors
- Preheat oven to 400
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on a rack that fits inside a rimmed backing sheet
- About half way through baking time, flip wings over
- Serve with sauce
Be sure to visit the other gals to see what they made
Looking for other game time food??