This Fresh Fruit Arugula and Quinoa Salad is the name of the game with this lighter, healthy and flavorful salad. Loaded with fresh berries, arugula, quinoa and drizzled with an orange poppy seed vinaigrette! Quinoa salad is the perfect healthy dinner!
Hello sunshine! Well, you too, but I’m talking to this bowl of pure happiness that makes a great addition to starting off the new year right. Doesn’t this quinoa salad scream fresh and healthy? I’m not sure about you but I am trying to eat better and incorporate more fruits, grains and greens into my diet, and this salad fits the bill. I love it and might want to marry it, but that would be weird, right? 🙂
While we have been enjoying this salad, this post almost didn’t happen. I had great intentions to post this last week as my first recipe of the year when all the pictures turned out like crap. I have no idea what I was doing wrong. Was it the light, composition or just me having a bad photography day? I think it was a trifecta. So I got pretty discouraged and put this idea on the back burner until I could get over my defeat.
Well, today I was determined to get the shot and hopefully share my success. I traded in the original idea of wooden bowl for a white one and the dark background board for this white one and ta da, this captures what I had in mind when I first wanted to share this beautiful quinoa salad with you.
Can you name all the fruits in the bowl before reading the ingredients? One might stump you – it looks like yellow cherry tomatoes but it isn’t – keep reading to see what it is!
I hope you enjoy this fresh fruit arugula quinoa salad!
So, did you guess golden berries? We have been enjoying these lately and they make a great addition in salads or for just snacking. They are a bit tangy and have a nice bite to them. Another fruit that would be good are blackberries, so be sure to make this quinoa salad your own with your favorite fruits. Looking for other salads? Be sure to check out my recipes for Jicama Salad with Orange Vinaigrette and this Italian Chopped Salad to get eating right!
You will love this dressing too! It is so light and a little goes a long way.
- 4 cups arugula
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3/4 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup sliced golden berries
- 1/2 cup quinoa dry and then cooked according to package directions
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- Cook quinoa as directed then set aside to cool (about 10 minutes)
- In a food process, combine the orange juice, poppy seeds, dijon mustard, olive oil, honey, salt, vinegar and shallots. Pulse until combined (Or place in a container with a lid and shake)
- In a large bowl combine the arugula, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, oranges, golden berries. pomegranate seeds and quinoa.
- Drizzle some of the dressing over the top and mix gently (I used my hands)
- Divide into 4 bowls and drizzle additional dressing if desired (you will have some dressing leftover)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 194mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 19g Protein: 4g