This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Need a last minute gift or a fun snack for yourself? If so, you will want to keep this Easy Christmas Bark Recipe on hand. It is loaded with sweet and salty ingredients for a perfect taste combo!
While the temps here have been unusually warm for the midwest, I need to stay focused to stay on track for the holidays. This past weekend we (or rather the DIY Guy) put on the outside lights – he loves it when the temps are warmer so he isn’t freezing cold! I can’t blame him. I stayed inside the house and put out all the house decorations. We have everything done except for decorating the Christmas tree. Our daughter Danielle will be coming home this weekend from Rome, Italy and about ten days later, her boyfriend is coming. We are saving that activity until they can both help us.
This Friday is my annual shop til you drop day with my friend Sue, we head up to the Minneapolis area and make the rounds to some of our favorite places, have lunch, shop some more, usually have a bite for dinner, maybe shop more then come home! We have been doing this for many years and I think the latest we have pulled in the driveway was about 11 p.m.! These days it might be 8 or 9 because we are getting older – ha!
Once I get the shopping under control, I focus on food. First up is this easy Christmas bark recipe. It makes a great snack and definitely a fun gift to give family and friends. You just place all the ingredients on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, add melted white chocolate, add a few more M&Ms and sprinkles, put in the refrigerator and wait for it to harden. Break up the pieces by hand and place in some cute bags or containers. Sure to be a hit! Last year I made some white chocolate peppermint popcorn that would also make a great food gift. If it is cookies you are after, check out these raspberry thumbprints I recently made.
Hope you enjoy this recipe – I was inspired by Your Homebased Mom.
Like my snowman?
Easy Christmas Bark
This Easy Christmas Bark Recipe is loaded with sweet and salty ingredients for a perfect combo! Makes a great snack or gift for the holidays!
- 24 oz. white melting chips
- 1 1/2 cups M&Ms (red and green)
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 10 Oreos cut into fourths (holiday red ones)
- Sprinkles-red and green
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (I used a jelly roll pan)
- Place all the pretzels, all the oreos and half of the M&Ms on the parchment paper (leave about an 1" around each side)
- Melt the white chips according to the package suggestion.
- When melted, pour over the ingredients on the parchment paper
- Add the other half of M&Ms and sprinkles
- Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to harden well
- Break up pieces with your hand
- Store in an airtight container.