I know Easter is past and maybe this recipe would have been timely then but we enjoy deviled eggs year round so today I’m sharing these Deviled Eggs with Avocado. Just a new little twist I’ve given them.
Last Sunday we had a beauty of a day – just perfect for hanging outside. I knew I wanted to grill out and make a couple simple side dishes.
Besides making some crockpot baked beans (that recipe coming soon!), I said to the DIY Guy that I was thinking of making some deviled eggs and he enthusiastically agreed to that!
I changed up my usual recipe by adding a bit of pickle juice, adding a dash of hot sauce and topping with a piece of avocado. Besides tasting great, they look a bit fancy too!
Yes you can just enjoy these at a home meal but these are also perfect for a picnic or a party! When we do serve these at a party, they are one of the first items to disappear. Make some for your next gathering to see if I’m right!
Like appetizers? Mediterranean Dip is good!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (any kind but balsamic)
- dash of hot sauce
- S&P to taste
- 1 avocado
- fresh lemon juice
- Chives for garnish
- Place the eggs in a sauce pan and cover with water 1″ over. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes then rinse with cold water
- Peel eggs when cool and cut in half length-wise
- Scoop out yolk, place in bowl and mash with a fork
- Add mayo, mustard, pickle juice, vinegar, hot sauce and S&P
- Mix with fork and pipe into egg white
- Cut small pieces of avocado and rub in lemon juice so they don’t brown
- Place on top of yolk mixture along with chives
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve if not serving immediately
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.