I know Easter is past and maybe this recipe would have been timely then but we enjoy deviled eggs year round so today I'm sharing these Deviled Eggs with Avocado. Just a new little twist I've given them.
Last Sunday we had a beauty of a day - just perfect for hanging outside. I knew I wanted to grill out and make a couple simple side dishes.
Besides making some crockpot baked beans (that recipe coming soon!), I said to the DIY Guy that I was thinking of making some deviled eggs and he enthusiastically agreed to that!
I changed up my usual recipe by adding a bit of pickle juice, adding a dash of hot sauce and topping with a piece of avocado. Besides tasting great, they look a bit fancy too!
Yes you can just enjoy these at a home meal but these are also perfect for a picnic or a party! When we do serve these at a party, they are one of the first items to disappear. Make some for your next gathering to see if I'm right!
Like appetizers? Mediterranean Dip is good!
Get the Recipe
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (any kind but balsamic)
- dash of hot sauce
- S&P to taste
- 1 avocado
- fresh lemon juice
- Chives for garnish
- Place the eggs in a sauce pan and cover with water 1″ over. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes then rinse with cold water
- Peel eggs when cool and cut in half length-wise
- Scoop out yolk, place in bowl and mash with a fork
- Add mayo, mustard, pickle juice, vinegar, hot sauce and S&P
- Mix with fork and pipe into egg white
- Cut small pieces of avocado and rub in lemon juice so they don’t brown
- Place on top of yolk mixture along with chives
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve if not serving immediately
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!