Cinnamon roll pancakes are a sweet treat in the morning! This easy pancake recipe is perfect for a weekend brunch! These pancakes will disappear before your eyes, and the glaze is to die for!
Breakfast is served today with these 12 pancakes recipes from the #12 blogger 2016 group. It's our first post of the year, and if you are new to this concept, I'll explain what we are all about.
We are 12 bloggers who on the 12th of each month will create a recipe with 12 ingredients or less, based on a theme one of us has selected. I really enjoyed being part of the group last year and definitely wanted to continue.
Seeing that it is our first recipe of the year, I'm glad we started with a breakfast recipe (the most important meal of the day, right?) I really need to amp up my usual breakfast offerings - English muffins, toast and cereal, which are great during the week, but on the weekend it's a good to get away from the same old same old.
Grab a fork as I'm serving up these Cinnamon Roll Pancakes to take your breakfast from so-so to great! Be sure to keep reading to see the other eleven pancake recipes, too.
I'm not sure if you know this, but the DIY Guy works from home. He has his own office in our lower level and on the days I'm off from work, I hardly know he is around. I do my thing, he is working and never the two shall meet. 🙂 Unless of course, if the blogger wife is on a deadline and needs to serve pancakes for lunch!
Luckily he is always a willing taste tester and was eager to have cinnamon roll pancakes for "breakfast" at noon.
These cinnamon roll pancakes have amazing flavor with the right amount of cinnamon, but I think the star of the show is the glaze.
The combination is fantastic! I'm already thinking I'll be putting these on the menu the next time our granddaughter visits. The Nana can do some spoiling, right?
If you like pancakes as much as we do, you might like these Apple Pancakes with an Apple topping - yum!
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk and more if needed
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and the salt in a large bowl
- Whisk together the milk, egg, melted butter and one teaspoon of vanilla extract in a medium bowl
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat. A few drops of water should skittle across the griddle and evaporate.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, pour in the milk mixture and use a spoon to stir the two mixtures until combined. The batter will have small lumps and that is ok.
- Lightly spray a skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon ¼ cup batter onto the skillet or griddle and then gently spread the batter into a 4-inch circle. The batter will be quite thick.
- When pancake edges look dry and little bubbles start to appear on the top surfaces of the pancake, turn over. (about 2 minutes) Once flipped, cook another 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked in the middle.
- Glaze - melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove pan from heat then whisk in the cream cheese. Whisking well until it forms a thick paste.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of the milk. (Should be drizzle consistency). If it’s too thick, add another tablespoon or two of milk.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 3
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 668Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 835mgCarbohydrates: 88gFiber: 2gSugar: 44gProtein: 11g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
Be sure to check out the other pancakes recipes and come back next month for a new theme!
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!