How many of you grew up eating twin popiscles where the trick was trying to break them in half for sharing? They came with 2 sticks and you had to bang the crease on a sharp edge and hope they would split evenly. I was never sure why we couldn't have the full ones. Plus there were 3 of us kids... Maybe my mom or dad wanted to have a treat as well :)
Another way we used to get summer treats was when the ice cream truck came along. We used to listen for the music, ask our parents for money and make a beeline to where they would stop at our corner. I loved the soft serve vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles.... it is still one of my favorites.
Lastly, sometimes in the summer on Sunday evenings we would go for a ride and stop at Carvel Ice Cream. We would always get the pointed cones and usually about half way through one of us kids would bite the end off and try to suck the ice cream out the bottom. It usually turned into a big mess with ice cream running down our arms! Ah, the joys and memories of summer!
Hope you enjoy the frozen treats we are sharing today!
Mango Strawberry Yogury Popsicles
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield 8 popsicles
- 12 oz vanilla yogurt
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen chopped mango
- 2 tablespoons orange or apple juice
- 1 package of frozen strawberries in syrup thawed
- In a blender combine the yogurt, mango and juice and blend until smooth
- Fill popsicle molds about 2/3 full
- Add strawberries and use the popsicle stick to push strawberries throughout the mixture
- Keep sticks in and freeze until firm - 6 hours or overnight.
- Run warm water lightly over bottom side of popsicle molds until they release by pulling gently
Powered by Recipage
The rest of the recipes!
Key Lime Pie Ice Cream from Around My Family Table
Unicorn Ice Cream from Bread Booze Bacon
Pineapple Chipotle Popsicles from Home Cooking Memories
Blackberry Yogurt Popsicles from Big Bear's Wife
Mango Strawberry Yogurt Pops from Cooking on the Front Burner
Strawberry-Yogurt Popsicles from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Mexican Hot Chocolate Ice Cream from Thyme For Cocktails
Red, White & Blue Popsicles from Celebrating Family
Cookies and Cream Pudding Pops from Pink Cake Plate
Tiger's Blood Popsicles from Liz on Call
Raspberry Lemonade Popsicles from See Vanessa Craft
Snickers Ice Cream Cake from Kleinworth & Co.
An adult frozen treat you might like: