Since Halloween is just around the corner, today I'm sharing these Pumpkin Popcorn Balls that is a kid-friendly recipe, that of course, adults can enjoy too! My kids are grown up and gone but in a couple years my granddaughter will be ready to help me so I'll be holding onto this recipe for future use. I love having little kitchen helpers!
Back in the day (aka my era!), homemade popcorn balls were given to us trick or treaters. I think now handing out homemade goodies are a thing of the past but there is no reason you can't make a batch to share at home or for that party you might be having.
Pumpkin Popcorn Balls
Ingredients (4-5 balls)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 box orange flavored jello (3 oz)
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unpopped pop corn (popped and be sure to remove unpopped kernals)
- Mini toosties roll candies
- Green Laffy Taffy - rolled and cut into leaves
- Melt the butter in a microwavable bowl(large enough to also hold popcorn
- Stir in the corn syrup and jello and mix well
- Place back in microwave and cook about 1 minute until it comes to a full boil (add more time if necessary)
- Stir them mix in the baking soda and continuing stirring for 2 minutes
- Add popcorn and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Wearing disposable gloves (or baggies on your hands) shape into about 4-5 balls*. (use cooking spray to coat gloves or bags)
- Place tootsie roll in center with still warm and add leaf on side
- These will set up in about 2 hours
( *Let the balls set up a bit and reshape if needed)
Powered by Recipage
Trick or Treat - hope you enjoy this recipe!
Another fun Halloween snack!