Last Sunday we had a beauty of a day - just perfect for hanging outside. I knew I wanted to grill out and make a couple simple side dishes. Besides making some crockpot baked beans (that recipe coming soon!), I said to the DIY Guy that I was thinking of making some deviled eggs and he enthusiastically agreed to that!
Deviled Eggs with Avocado
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (any kind but balsamic)
- dash of hot sauce
- S&P to taste
- 1 avocado
- fresh lemon juice
- Chives for garnish
- Place the eggs in a sauce pan and cover with water 1" over. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes then rinse with cold water
- Peel eggs when cool and cut in half length-wise
- Scoop out yolk, place in bowl and mash with a fork
- Add mayo, mustard, pickle juice, vinegar, hot sauce and S&P
- Mix with fork and pipe into egg white
- Cut small pieces of avocado and rub in lemon juice so they don't brown
- Place on top of yolk mixture along with chives
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve if not serving immediately
Powered by Recipage
I changed up my usual recipe by adding a bit of pickle juice, adding a dash of hot sauce and topping with a piece of avocado. Besides tasting great, they look a bit fancy too!
Yes you can just enjoy these at a home meal but these are also perfect for a picnic or a party! When we do serve these at a party, they are one of the first items to disappear. Make some for your next gathering to see if I'm right!
Hope you enjoy the holiday and if you are looking for a festive Memorial Day dessert, this one is quite easy and another crowd pleaser!