I know I have a bit to wait but I'm really looking forward to the farmer's market this spring. I love getting my market bag, walking up and down the aisles to get what's in season. One of the first things will be lettuce - I'm not a huge fan of iceberg - it's ok on a BLT but for my eating salad I prefer lighter greens. This salad has baby mixed greens - it was delicious and went well with the other ingredients.
BBQ Chicken Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: NA
- 1 small bag of spring greens
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1/2 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 avocado sliced into 6 pieces lengthwise
- 1/3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup light ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- Place the spring greens onto 2 plates
- Divide the salad fixings between the 2 plates
- For the dressing - combine the ranch dressing, bbq sauce, pepper and honey in a small bowl then drizzle over the salad.
Powered by Recipage
If you look closely you will see avocado - after X numbers of year of my life (not saying how many) I have decided that I like avocado! Not sure what took me so long and I love guacamole now. I just bought one of those mortar and pestle things that after I finish seasoning it, I will be making my own guac. If you have a recipe, please leave me a link!
Ok, got off track about the salad....
Since I've been making quite a few salads, here's a one stop shop for getting more greens into your life!