Today I'm sharing a recipe that I made for Christmas Eve that was part of our Feast of the Seven Fishes event. Being Italian, I've decided the last couple of years to make seven different kinds. This Cheesy Crab Dip was a great addition to our appetizer course
We first had this dip at a local restaurant a week prior to Christmas Eve. A good friend of ours retired and he invited John and I to help celebrate this momentous event - lucky guy! We tried a few appetizers escargot (not me!) and this tasty dip. Since these same friends would be coming that night, I said I would try and replicate it.
I think I came pretty close...
Cheesy Crab Dip
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 25-30 minutes
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 clove garlic minced
- 2 6 oz. cans crab meat drained well
- 4 oz. swiss cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced thin
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- sliced french bread for serving (can be toasted if desired)
Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl mix well he cream cheese and mayo
- Add garlic, swiss cheese, crab, onion, red pepper, lemon juice and hot sauce
- Place in a shallow baking dish and top with almonds
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown around edge
Powered by Recipage
...and everyone thought so too.
I will definitely be keeping this recipe handy and with play-off games now and the Super Bowl coming up, I think this would be perfect! Hope you give it a try!