It's grilling time! All day at work I was trying to decide what to make for dinner that would be easy and keep the kitchen cool (it's been a super hot week)! I kept coming back to a recipe I had seen at my friend Lisa's blog Cooking with Curls. It was a yummy glaze made with Jack Daniels.
So after work, I made a quick stop at Target to get some ingredients I needed knowing I had a bottle of Jack Daniels at the house. Well when I got home, I discovered we didn't have any but the DIY Guy suggested using Southern Comfort instead. I think it made for a good substitution.
Southern Comfort Glazed Mushroom Burger
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (3 burgers)
- 1 lb ground beef (I use 85/15)
- 1/4 cup minced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 Tbl worcestershire sauce
- (if desired add 1 Tbl minced shallots)
- 6 oz. baby bella mushrooms sliced and fried
- 3 slices baby swiss cheese
- hamburger rolls
- 6 oz. Southern Comfort
- 3/4 packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- dash pepper
1. Combine the ground beef, mushrooms, sauce, S&P (and shallots) and press into 3 equal size patties
2. Preheat grill
3. Cook burgers until done; add cheese and let meltGlaze
1. Combine all glaze ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to boil; let simmer for 25 minutesAssembly
1. Place cooked burger on bun, top with mushrooms and drizzle with glaze
Powered by Recipage
If you aren't a fan of the glaze:
And if you are:
We also had a simple salad - fresh cut tomatoes and cucumbers tossed with S&P, red wine vinegar and olive oil. A nice dinner for a hot night!
And in case you missed it - I did a guest post yesterday at White Lights on Wednesday. Have you ever had dessert with bacon? If you are curious, hop on over!!