Happy Cinco de Mayo- oh wait, that was 1 month and 1 day ago! I'm a little behind on that post but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy this sweet treat. You might think that making deep fried ice cream would be difficult to make at home but it is quite easy to do. The key is making sure the oil is heated to the correct temperature (375). These fry in 15-20 seconds until golden brown and then they are done! We like ours served with hot fudge sauce and whipped cream.
Mexican Fried Ice Cream
Prep Time: 4 hours (freezing time)
Cook Time: 20 seconds
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ crushed Frosted Flakes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 vanilla
- cooking oil for frying
- hot fudge sauce
- whipped cream
1. Soften ice cream slightly and scoop into 4 balls – roll round in your hand if needed, sprinkle each with a bit of cinnamon and freeze for one hour
2. Beat one egg and vanilla
3. Take each ball and roll in egg mixture and then in crushed cereal. Place back in freezer for 2 hours and then repeat with egg and crushed cereal – freeze for at least 2 hours until well firm
4. In a deep fryer or large saucepan heat oil until 375 degrees (do not drop in ice cream until temperature is reached)
5. Fry one or two balls at a time for 15-20 seconds until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve with hot fudge and whipped
Powered by Recipage
Last month on the real Cinco de Mayo we had some friends over for some tasty beverages and this dessert.
Make any day special with this dessert! Ole!!!