Time to fire up the grill! And once you do that, you’ll be needing some side dishes. What kind do you like? Potato salad, macaroni salad? I bet baked beans are on your list and if so, these Troy’s Baked Beans is THE recipe you need to have!
First off, I have no idea who Troy is – this recipe was passed on from a friend and they didn’t now who Troy was either! But whoever you are Troy, you have one mighty fine recipe! These have to be the tastiest beans I’ve had and easy to make too.
- 1 28 oz Bush’s Original Beans
- 1 28 oz Bush’s Onion Beans
- 1 lb ground beef browned with 1/4 cup of diced onion
- 2 small cans of mushrooms (drained)
- 1 lb of bacon in 1″ pieces, cut and fried
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- chili powder to taste (about 1 tbl)
- Mix all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours
Slow cooker recipes can be great for summer too so you don’t need to heat up your oven. As cold as it can get here in the midwest, the summers can be pretty hot and we do run the A/C quite a bit. Not only does using a crockpot keep the heat down but you just toss in your ingredients and walk away!
Serve this crowd-pleasing recipe at your next gathering! It won’t disappoint!
Another crowd pleaser – Rosemary Potatoes