Mixed nuts are a delicious snack and a great source of protein! This homemade rosemary spiced mixed nuts recipe makes an easy homemade food gift for the holidays.
Sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you feel like you want a lot of them! Today’s recipe of Rosemary Spiced Mixed Nuts is a super easy recipe to have on hand when you feel like noshing/snacking.
We recently had some friends over for the DIY Guy’s birthday and we enjoyed some simple appetizers, including this recipe. While I don’t have a garden any longer, I do keep some fresh herbs in pots on the deck, and the fresh rosemary really kicks up the flavor for these mixed nuts (and the handful of pepitas it includes, too).
As I mentioned, it was John’s birthday. My gift to him is Eggplant Parmesan since it is one of his favorite recipes. He totally fine with this ‘gift’ and I made it real special this year by making homemade sauce and homemade pasta. It was a festive night with Italian type foods – in addition to this recipe, I had melon wrapped with prosciutto, fig jam with crackers and roasted beets topped with goat cheese. Dessert was a cannoli poke cake. Lots of yummy food to eat, great company and a fun night!
Since fresh herbs are available all year long, these would make a great gift to give out at Christmas time or as a “welcome to the neighborhood” treat. I think next time, I might add a bit more cayenne pepper, to give them a little more spice. Oh and did I mention how fragrant these are when roasting? They smell amazing! And just the perfect snack!
Make a batch (or three) of this mixed nuts recipe soon!
- 3 cups - combination of mixed nuts (unsalted) and pepitas (I used 2 cups nuts and 1 cup pepitas)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon greek or italian seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 350
- In a medium bowl combine the olive oil, rosemary, salt, cayenne, garlic powder and seasoning.
- Mix well then add in the mixed nuts
- Pour onto a rimmed baking sheet and place in oven for 15 minutes
- Stir about every 5 minutes.
- Cool and keep in an airtight container
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 436 Total Fat: 39g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 31g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 534mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 3g Protein: 13g