This tasty Grapefruit Lime Basil Cocktail is perfect for summer supping for the adult crowd. It is so refreshing!
Since yesterday was Mother's Day, I decided to try a new cocktail with the family. The weather was great and I was looking for something refreshing and unusual. I think I found it in this drink from a fellow blogger.
Ashley's original recipe called for citrus vodka but since we had some champagne leftover from our morning mimosa's, I substituted that instead.
I also wanted more of a basil flavor so muddling it ahead of time released more of the flavor and provided a nice contrast to the grapefruit and lime.
This recipe could also be doubled and served for a larger crowd - if you decide to go that route, add some extra limes in your pitcher.
- 2 ½ cups grapefruit juice
- 6 oz bottle of Sierra Mist
- ½ cup champagne (or original recipe stated citrus vodka)
- 4-5 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Limes for garnish
- In a small glass muddle the basil with sugar and lime juice
- In a pitcher combine the basil mixture with juice, pop and champagne
- Stir and serve over ice
- Garnish with a lime wheel and basil sprig
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.