Wake up sleepy head to this delicious Broccoli and Ham Quiche! These can be made in ramekins with no crust.
If you are looking for an easy breakfast that is a little lighter on the calorie side, this crustless quiche is for you. It's loaded with veggies, a bit of ham, cheese and comes together quick.
You will love the ease of making it and no need to deal with crust. Even though real men don't eat quiche 🙂 We had these yesterday and will definitely be making again soon!
Yes, the DIY Guy really liked these. When we woke up, I said to just have a light breakfast because I would be making breakfast for lunch (needed to wait until I knew I could get some decent light to take some pics! Oh the life of a blogger!) It was worth the wait.
These could also be tailored to your liking with other kind of veggies. Just be sure to remove excess liquid so that they will bake up and not be watery. Another tip I should mention is that I let them set for about 5 minutes after removing from the oven. They were done perfectly!
We had a couple leftover and I think they will reheat up very nicely.
I hope you have a great week!!
Get the Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Butter, for ramekins
- Coarse salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli florets (steam)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- ½ cup red pepper diced
- 3 oz. diced ham
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup half-and-half
- Ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Butter four 8-ounce ramekins (or a 9-inch pie dish); set aside.
- Cook a 10 oz. frozen broccoli packet according to directions (steam in bag) then drain well and blot dry with paper towel – cut into small pieces.
- In a small bowl combine the shallots and red pepper and microwave for one minute; drain and blot dry
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in broccoli, ham, cheese, red peppers and shallots
- Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. Ladle broccoli mixture into ramekins, dividing evenly. Bake until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 332mgSodium: 644mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 20g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!