This Chopped Spinach Pomegranate Salad has fresh ingredients and is a great way to get eating back on track!
Happy Thursday! Hang in there, the first full week of January is about over and the weekend is coming. Were you moving kind of slow this week or did you hit the ground running? I had off about a week from work and was actually looking forward to getting back into a schedule. Crazy I know but I’m kind of like that! (Though I do miss sleeping in.) While I was off I created this new salad recipe that I’m nicknaming sunshine in a bowl! What do you think? Doesn’t it just make you smile and want to reach in and grab a forkful? There are so many good ingredients in this Chopped Spinach Pomegranate Salad including a touch of mango, tangy gorgonozola and a pomegranate vinaigrette. Are you hooked yet? I encourage you to start the year off right and eat your veggies!
January is the month for resolutions and while I kinda like to make them, sometimes I struggle with what to make to eat. You would think with a food blog, it would be easy to just make recipes but I usually need some inspiration. I’m not kidding when I say I have about 75 cookbooks, 100 old magazines (Food Network, Cooking Light, Cuisine at Home, etc) plus folders of paper recipes from newspapers, the web and more torn out recipes from discarded magazines. I enjoy getting a pile, parking myself on the couch and going through them. Other inspiration comes from other bloggers and of course pinterest! I have a pretty good list now and looking forward to whipping up some new dishes for 2016.
I hope you enjoy this salad recipe, it’s one of our new favorites!
Chopped Spinach Pomegranate Salad
This delicious salad is a great way to get your veggies and eat healthier!
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 mango peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 oz. gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon shallot, minced
- S&P to taste
- Divide spinach between bowls or plates
- Divide seeds, mango, and gorgonzola on top of the spinach
- In a small saucepan add the POM juice, boil and reduce by half
- In a small food processor combine the cooled reduced juice, olive oil, shallots, honey, vinegar, mustard and S&P
- Drizzle over salad (you may have some left over)
Did you see my round-up from earlier this week? More salad recipes to enjoy!