This Cranberry Gorgonzola Tart is sure to impress your guests at your holiday party. Tangy blue cheese, sweet cranberries and crunchy pecans are a perfect combo!
Before you start making those New Year resolutions, you’ll be needing appetizers to ring the year out and that is where this Cranberry Gorgonzola Tart comes in. If you want to be the hit of the party, whip up these fancy looking tarts. Trust me they aren’t too fussy and are super flavorful with the tang of the cranberries and gorgonzola cheese.
Parties are always a fun time – I love seeing family and friends plus I’m an appetizer grazer! I enjoy finding yummy bites to put on my plate. I also happen to love the season of cranberries and have made a cranberry salsa recipe to go with grilled shrimp. If you are looking for other cranberry recipes, check out Ocean Spray’s recipe page. I get inspiration there.
Oh, I should mention too that these freeze really well. Just reheat in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes. You can be prepared for those last minute drop in guests! I hope you have a happy new year!
Cranberry Gorgonzola Tart
This Cranberry Gorgonzola Tart will impress you guests and have them asking for seconds (and the recipe!)
- 2 pie crusts (pre-made)
- 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbled at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Note this makes one 9" tart or five 5" tarts (I made smaller tarts)
- Prepare pie crust as directed on package for one-crust baked shell using a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim excess pie crust even with top of pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light brown. Cool 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- In a medium combine cream cheese and gorgonzola cheese; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Beat in milk and egg until well mixed. Gently stir in cranberries and green onions. Spread mixture in baked tart shell; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let stand 30 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges. Store covered in refrigerator.
I’m working on some new recipes in 2016! See you next year!