If you are looking for an easy breakfast that is a little lighter on the calorie side, this crustless quiche is for you. It’s loaded with veggies, a bit of ham, cheese and comes together quick. You will love the ease of making it and no need to deal with crust. Even though real men don’t eat quiche 🙂 We had these yesterday and will definitely be making again soon!
Yes, the DIY Guy really liked these. When we woke up, I said to just have a light breakfast because I would be making breakfast for lunch (needed to wait until I knew I could get some decent light to take some pics! Oh the life of a blogger!) It was worth the wait.
Inspired by Martha Stewart
- Butter, for ramekins
- Coarse salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli florets (steam)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 3 oz. diced ham
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter four 8-ounce ramekins (or a 9-inch pie dish); set aside.
- Cook a 10 oz. frozen broccoli packet according to directions (steam in bag) then drain well and blot dry with paper towel – cut into small pieces.
- In a small bowl combine the shallots and red pepper and microwave for one minute; drain and blot dry
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in broccoli, ham, cheese, red peppers and shallots
- Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. Ladle broccoli mixture into ramekins, dividing evenly. Bake until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
These could also be tailored to your liking with other kind of veggies. Just be sure to remove excess liquid so that they will bake up and not be watery. Another tip I should mention is that I let them set for about 5 minutes after removing from the oven. They were done perfectly!
We had a couple leftover and I think they will reheat up very nicely.
I hope you have a great week!!