Now that summer is around the corner, we tend to do a bit more entertaining and I love having some new appetizers to share with our guests. And while I've made some other kinds of bruschetta usually vegetable-tomato based, I really wanted to try one with fruit. The goat cheese base is whipped with some honey and heavy cream and then topped with berries. Feel free to get creative and maybe add in or substitute blackberries. I just happened to use what I had on hand.
When it came time for pictures, I wanted to add a bit of green so the colors would pop and have some contrast. I just happen to have a basil plant on the deck so I did some light snipping. Then it was time for "the photo shoot" so I snapped away and when I was done I visited the DIY Guy in his home office. He loves when I bring him some treats. Later I asked what he thought and he gave it rave reviews and even mentioned that the basil was a nice surprise that went perfectly with the bruschetta. Well then I said, Oh that was garnish only but he said nope it belongs! So there you have it, not only DIY Guy approved but his take on today's recipe. Enjoy!!
Triple Berry Bruschetta with Honey
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield 2 servings
- 4 slices baguette bread
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey (plus additional for drizzling)
- 4 strawberries
- 12 raspberries
- 12 blueberries
- basil leaves (small)
- Prepare the bread by either grilling until it gets crispy (with grill marks) or in your broiler. (about 2-3 minutes each side) I used a pan that has ridges; heated, then "grilled" the bread about 3 minutes each side.
- Whip together the goat cheese, heavy cream and honey
- Divide mixture between the 4 slices of baguette
- Cut strawberries into slices
- Top baguette with berries
- Drizzle honey
- Garnish with small basil leaves
- Serve immediately
Powered by Recipage