Let's do the salsa but put a twist on it with this Peach Salsa recipe today! Peaches are one of my favorite fruits - I just love biting into the skin and having the taste burst in my mouth. If the juice runs down my arm then so be it! Finding peaches now is pretty easy to do and I buy them by the crate at my local Trader Joe's.
Not only is this salsa just great on its own but it would also make a tasty topping for baked fish. I love the sweet and spicy flavor with the additional of jalapeno peppers. Just a bit to kick it up a notch!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
About 3 cups
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow pepper
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (seeds removed)
- 2 teaspoons minced cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup diced fresh peaches
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- dash red pepper
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed
- Note: wear gloves when cutting jalapeno
Powered by Recipage
Put this recipe on your try list and take to your next gathering or enjoy for yourself. It is DIY Guy approved and, he can be a bit picky on this type of stuff, so I know it is a keeper to be made again ! Hope you are enjoying your summer!!
Another fruit recipe