First off, I have no idea who Troy is - this recipe was passed on from a friend and they didn't now who Troy was either! But whoever you are Troy, you have one mighty fine recipe! These have to be the tastiest beans I've had and easy to make too.
Troy's Baked Beans
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours on low
Serves a large crowd
- 1 28 oz Bush's Original Beans
- 1 28 oz Bush's Onion Beans
- 1 lb ground beef browned with 1/4 cup of diced onion
- 2 small cans of mushrooms (drained)
- 1 lb of bacon in 1" pieces, cut and fried
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- chili powder to taste (about 1 tbl)
- Mix all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours
Powered by Recipage
Slow cooker recipes can be great for summer too so you don't need to heat up your oven. As cold as it can get here in the midwest, the summers can be pretty hot and we do run the A/C quite a bit. Not only does using a crockpot keep the heat down but you just toss in your ingredients and walk away!
Serve this crowd-pleasing recipe at your next gathering! It won't disappoint!