This month around I was assigned to Cheese Curd in Paradise's blog but don't let the name fool you. Ashley definitely has more than that on her blog including this great summertime beverage. Since yesterday was Mother's Day, I decided to try a new cocktail with the family. The weather was great and I was looking for something refreshing and unusual. I think I found it in this drink.
Grapefruit Lime Basil Cocktail
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups grapefruit juice
- 6 oz bottle of Sierra Mist
- 1/2 cup champagne (or original recipe stated citrus vodka)
- 4-5 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 tsp sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Limes for garnish
- In a small glass muddle the basil with sugar and lime juice
- In a pitcher combine the basil mixture with juice, pop and champagne
- Stir and serve over ice
- Garnish with a lime wheel and basil sprig
Powered by Recipage
Ashley's original recipe called for citrus vodka but since we had some champagne leftover from our morning mimosa's, I substituted that instead. I also wanted more of a basil flavor so muddling it ahead of time released more of the flavor and provided a nice contrast to the grapefruit and lime.
This recipe could also be doubled and served for a larger crowd - if you decide to go that route, add some extra limes in your pitcher.
Be sure to hop around to see the other recipes - I will be to see who has my blog this month!