Today is reveal day for Get Your Chef On with the ingredient of blackberries – I had a real tough time trying to decide what to make – there were so many ideas floating around in my head. Instead of sheep one night I was counting blackberries – LOL.
Well, as you can tell from above, I decided to go with a summer salad with lots of yummy ingredients and a vinaigrette made from the blackberries. I just love salads and this combo worked perfectly! One of my favorite things to do is roll a scoop of goat cheese in crushed pecans – usually I buy the sugared ones from Trader Joe’s and this time I opted for their sweet and spicy ones – they did not disappoint! The mild flavor of the goat cheese with the pecans along with the dressing made for a tasty salad.
This type of salad can be made with YOUR favorite fixings if you wish.
I really had fun taking pictures (obviously!) Just so colorful!
- Bag of spring salad mix
- Spicy or sugar pecans
- Goat Cheese
- Red Onions
- 1 1/2 cup blackberries
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive
- 1/2 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon shallot minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scoop and roll into small balls the goat cheese and roll in crushed pecans – refrigerate until needed
- In a blender add the vinegar, mustard, shallots and blackberries for 30 seconds.
- Add the oil in the blender slowly to combine
- You must strain the mixture in a mesh strainer to remove the seeds. Adjust seasonings with S&P. If you would like it sweeter, add a bit more honey.
- Assemble the salad on a plate topped with the red onions, strawberries, blackberries and the goat cheese balls.
- Drizzle over the salad – either room temp or chilled.
Another salad recipe you might enjoy is this Mexican Quinoa Salad recipe