This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Today I’m taking part in the Get Your Chef On challenge with the ingredient of shrimp. We are shrimp lovers here and was excited to create a dish using this ingredient. I think this Shrimp Bruschetta fits the bill.
When I first heard of the ingredient I was like Bubba from Forrest Gump and had all these shrimp dishes running through my head – “You can
barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried,
stir-fried. There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp,
pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and
potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that’s about it.” BUT he didn’t mention bruschetta!
I had gotten that idea from a local restaurant we had gone to on New Year’s Eve that had this as a special appetizer that night. I can’t wait until summer so I can use some fresh tomatoes from our garden. I did manage to find some pretty good ones at Trader Joe’s though…
- 1/2 cup cooked shrimp (about 10 large)
- 1 cup diced roma tomatoes (seeded)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon green onions
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- French baguette
- Heat a small skillet over medium high heat then fry the shrimp in a bit of olive oil until cooked (about 3 minutes on each side); dice and place in bowl
- Add remaining ingredients and if a bit dry add additional olive oil until consistency you desire
- Refrigerate about 45 minutes before serving
- Serve with sliced french bread
Today’s challenge is being sponsored by: