This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
This Pumpkin Butter is so good!
Today’s recipe is a first for me – I have not made any type of ‘butters’ in my culinary life nor have I ever tried one. I have been intrigued and decided since it is getting to pumpkin season, I would give a try with this Pumpkin Butter recipe. I even tried it – well, I assume you know that I do try all my recipes. In fact, while I was editing these pictures, I was munching on an english muffin with this tasty spread! I wanted to go back for seconds!
- 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp Captain Morgan (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan combine all the ingredients except for the lemon juice
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low – let simmer for 30 minutes and stir frequently
- After 30 minutes, remove from heat and add lemon juice the cool
- Keep in covered jar in refrigerator (lasts 2-3 weeks)
While I did enjoy this on an english muffin, it also goes well on toast or breakfast bread – I even think it would go well with pumpkin bread – a double dose of goodness!