These Pumpkin Bars with Nutella Buttercream Frosting combine 2 of my favorite ingredients! This is a must make recipe! #pumpkin #Nutella #fallbaking
Hello, Cooking on the Front Burner readers! 🙂 I’m excited to be here while Deb is away! I’m Jamie and I blog over at Love Bakes Good Cakes. I’m a homeschooling mom with five kiddos, living in the Phoenix area! I like to share family-friendly recipes that are easy on the budget. I would love for you to stop by and take a look around after you’re done visiting Deb! 🙂
Since temperatures are starting to cool off around most of the country (and many folks have their sights set on all things pumpkin or apple), I wanted to share one of my absolute favorite Fall recipes with y’all. Traditionally, Pumpkin Bars have a cream cheese frosting – and while that is ok, I much prefer a Nutella frosting. Everywhere I share these yummy bars, they’re a hit! I mean, how can you go wrong with pumpkin AND Nutella?! I hope you enjoy!
Pumpkin Bars with Nutella Buttercream Frosting
Yield: 40 bars
For the Pumpkin Bars:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1½ cups sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. ground cloves
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 cup vegetable oil
For the Nutella Buttercream Frosting:
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup Nutella
3 tbsp. milk
2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and cloves. Add the eggs, pumpkin and oil. Mix on medium speed with a hand mixer until thoroughly combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading evenly with a spatula.
3. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center tests clean. Allow the bars to cool in the pan on a wire rack.
4. Once the bars have cooled, prepare the frosting by creaming the butter, Nutella and milk in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until the frosting is thoroughly combined and fluffy.
5. Spread or pipe the frosting over the cooled bars. Cut into bars to serve.
Other Posts You May Enjoy: