This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Let’s hear it for the red, white and blue with these Patriotic Yogurt Pops. With a few simple ingredients, you can make these fun pops any time but especially festive for July 4th.
Summer is here, kids are out of school and cool treats are a must! When I was a kid back in the day (not saying which day though!) popsicles were one treat that we were allowed to have almost every day. I remember my mom buying twin pops and cracking them in half for us to share. Cherry was my favorite and I loved that I would get ruby red lips!
Lately lots of popsicles have been popping up all over the web and I thought I would try my hand making some using yogurt and fresh fruit. And since I felt like putzing a bit I decided to go with layers for a fun look!
- 6 oz fresh raspberries
- 2 T honey
- 2 T water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 6 oz blueberries
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- For the red layer in a food processor combine all the ingredients and process until smooth.
- Place mixture in a mesh sieve and press liquid into a bowl and discard seeds
- Place mixture in popsicle mold (about 1/3 way up)
- Place sticks in and freeze until firm (about 2 hours)
- For white layer combine the yogurt and coconut extract
- Place mixture over red layer and freeze until firm (about 2 hours)
- For blue layer combine blueberries, yogurt and honey in food processor and process until smooth
- Place mixture over white layer and freeze well (about 8 hours or overnight)
- To remove from molds, dip in warm water until they become loose
Depending on how big your molds are, you might have some mixture left over. I did, so I mixed it all together with some ice and had an instant smoothie! No wasting here.
We really loved how the fruit flavors came through – refreshing and not too sweet!
How are you keeping cool this summer???
You might be wanting to make a batch soon! And I think it would be fine to have one every day!
Another fun popsicle recipe –