This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
I’ve been experimenting with some different ingredients this summer as I’m trying some new salads. Last week it was quinoa and today I’m using couscous. I really hadn’t realized how easy this is to use – it cooks up in 5 minutes and since I used vegetable broth as a base, it is also a great vegetarian dish. This particular couscous is tri-colored which added some fun!
And while I did not photograph the final product, it was topped with feta cheese. We found this recipe to be quite refreshing and tasty. I think it would look cute in a canning jar and brought along on a picnic!
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken)
- 1 ½ cup couscous (I used tri color)
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced cucumber (unpeeled)
- 1/2 cup diced Kalamata olives
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- 3 T chopped fresh dill
- feta cheese for topping
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 T minced shallot
- 1/2 t sugar
- 1/2 T ground stone mustard (or Dijon)