Welcome to our first party of 2014! Hope the year is getting off to a
good start. Did you make resolutions? I really don’t do that- I just
try to be mindful of exercising, eating better, etc. all year long. NOT that I always do but I try!
I’m not sure what part of the country (or continent) you are from but here the weather is nasty! The governor of Minnesota has already called off schools tomorrow. The temps will be in the negatives with the windchill going to about -60… BRRRR. That is why this Jalapeno Beer Soup from Anne at Uni Homemaker was one of my favs from last week’s party…. not only is it soup but it is kicked up a notch with jalapeno – I bet that will keep me warm!
This week my co-host Julie from This Gal Cooks made this savory dish with two of my favorites – orzo pasta and mushrooms. Nice side dish that would go well just about anything.
The most viewed link was from Thimbles, Bobbins, Paper and Ink with her eggnog donuts. They are baked and not fried…
Be sure to stop by all the hosts to see their favs this week!
Reminder – All of the hosts share on all types of social media.
A few rules:
- Please follow your hosts via Twitter, Blog Lovin,
Facebook, or email. Please leave me a comment
stating how you followed so I can follow you back. Links can be found in the right hand column.
- Please visit at least 2 other links. I suggest leaving a comment to let them know that you stopped by.
- Grab a button. It’s not mandatory but it helps get the word out about the party.
- Link up your recipes, crafts or DIY projects. Please link something that you made. No giveaways or shops, please.
- Please note that by linking up your posts and projects you are
giving This Gal Cooks, Frugal Foodie Mama, Call Me PMc, and Cooking On the Front Burner permission to
use your photos in the featured posts and possibly on our social media
outlets. All photos will be linked back to your sites and your posts.