Yay – It’s summer and we’ve been enjoying our grilling time! Now it’s your turn to fire up the grill and make these easy Grilled Pork Kabobs with Chile-Lime Sauce. I love meals (and I’m guessing you do too) that come together quick after a day of work or some summer playing time! Marinade these the night before or in the morning to have this meal on your table in under 30 minutes. And if you have a garden, you might have some of these veggies in it or stop by your local farmer’s market.
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- About 3 cups boneless pork, cut into medium cubes
- Red onion, cut into cubes
- Baby bella mushrooms, stems removed
- Small zucchini, cut into 1/2″ slices
- Green pepper, cubed
- Combine the lime peel, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, salt, sugar, jalapeno and garlic in a plastic ziplock bag; add pork and marinade for at least an hour in refrigerator but no longer than 24. Occasionally turn over.
- Preheat grill to medium high
- Skewer pork with veggies alternating as desired
- Grill until pork is done; about 15 minutes
We enjoyed this dish served over quinoa along with some pineapple salsa (store bought). We also dined on the deck and enjoyed our meal outside. I’m hoping these nice days continue for a loooong time!!
What have you been grilling this summer? Inquiring minds want to know!!
Grill out another recipe – Teriyaki Burgers