How does this dinner look to you and what if I told you it goes from prep to table in less than 30 minutes? It’s true…. you will love the ease of this recipe, it looks great and tastes fantastic! I have made a few versions of Chicken Piccata over the years and this is now my go to recipe. My favorite part is the lemon sauce… you know me – I love my lemons!
I take the boneless chicken breasts and cut then in half length-wise and pound them until they are a bit over 1/4″ thick. I’m not a fan of really thick chicken breasts and besides, these will cook up quick and are almost tender enough to cut with your fork. I also keep it simple with the steam in the bag green beans and Uncle Ben’s 90 second Wild Rice mixture.
Keep this in mind too for dinner guests. Since it is a quick one, you’ll have more time to spend with your guests and less time in the kitchen!
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour, divided (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 T finely chopped shallots
- 1 medium garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
You might also enjoy this Mexican Chicken One Skillet meal – it’s one of our favs!