Beside my love for lemons, I have a real taste for all things caprese which is why today I’m sharing these Caprese Salad Pockets. Tomatoes, mozzarella and fresh basil go perfect together.
While it is a bit early to get some of these ingredients at our farmer’s market, I’m able to get all the ingredients I need at my local Trader Joe’s. And today with the temps in the 70’s, it just felt like a good day to enjoy these summer-like vegetables.
- 1/2 cup quartered small fresh mozzarella balls
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup diced english cucumber (or regular)
- 6 large basil leaves sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- dash salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- one large pita cut in half
- Spring lettuce mix
- In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, mozzarella, cucumber, basil leaves, vinegar, oil and S&P
- Line each half of the pita pocket with the lettuce
- Divide the tomato mixture in half and place in each pocket
With our warmer temps,
we the DIY Guy planted the garden. It’s scaled back a bit from previous years but tomatoes and basil are a must! Nothing like going out in your back yard and getting what you need! Do you have a garden? And if so, what do you like to plant?
You might be interested in these cute bites that are easy to do:
And if you like all things caprese like me, be sure to check out my dedicated pinterest board.
Have a great week and hang in there a long weekend is coming up!